Thursday, August 17, 2023

Ray Benson Sno-Park

 After fleeing the high temps on the east side of the Cascades, I spent a month on the Oregon coast enjoying some relaxing cool temps! Now that temps have lowered to a more comfortable range, I am back on the road headed east again . Tonight I am at the Ray Benson Sno-park on the Santiam Highway.


Thanks to Jim and Jeanette Scott for informing me of this location! Obviously it is not a campground as its primary design is for winter use like snow mobile riding and skiing. This time of year it is mostly used by OHV riders as there are miles of trails criss-crossing this area. You can stay here for free and if I read the posted documentation correctly for up to 2 weeks. I am just using it for a short stay until my Indian Ford campground reservations start on the 19th. There have been rain showers off and on since I passed thru Blue River on the Mc kenzie River. The moisture is desperately needed to assist in fighting the wildfires in the area. The wildfire smoke is clearing out and a cool breeze is blowing thru the trailer! I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, good to see this photo. We have started many a X/C Ski trip from that parking lot.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...