Monday, August 21, 2023

Indian Ford Campground

Indian Ford is one of my regular stopping spots. It is located about 6 miles west of Sisters on Hwy 20.


You might wonder why I stay in a pay to stay campground when there are so many free spots nearby in the National Forest. I did do that for a while as this campground became reservation only and as I prefer to arrive mid-week and leave mid-week it became a challenge to find a spot not reserved for just the weekend. They have made one site First-come First-serve so that helps but I was able to book a 6 day stay on line. I guess the summer heat and smoke from the forest fires kept campers away!


As you can see, in the above picture, smoke is present. This area is under a red flag warning for unhealthy air quality. Back to why I "pay to stay" here. One is that there is no RV dump here or when you boondock so I use the pit toilet as much as possible so as not to have to transport my waste water to the next camp site. Also they have dumpsters for trash so again no transporting. Finally there is Indian Creek, one of the few in this area. 


Obviously the water is not for drinking but I use it to wash my truck and my trailer. I also keep a 5 gallon bucket at my camp site to wash my hands and in fire season for prevention. I could put out a small fire or maybe slow a large one just long enough to hook up and leave! My set ups are very minimal so I can be gone in less than 20 minutes. In hot weather I just sit on the bank and soak my feet in the cold water. It is a beautiful place to stay and Sisters is close by for any basic needs I might have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...