Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Out of the smoke!

 For those who do not have the opportunity to flee the wildfire smoke, you have my sympathy! After a week of breathing smoke from Veneta to Sisters, I took advantage of my situation and cut my Indian Ford stay short. I headed east about 130 miles to Chickahominy Reservoir, one of my frequent stopping spots. I went thru a refreshing 20 mile wide rain shower just east of Bend. 

Normally, at this location and time of year, I would expect to be surrounded by dust and brown vegetation but instead the ground is muddy and the vegetation is green! Well as green as it gets in the high desert!

The reservoir is as full if not fuller than when I was here a month ago!


The temperature is just 65 with a high of 71 expected! I will enjoy this situation for a few days while I contemplate my future travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...