Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Clark Canyon Campground

I am set up in Clark Canyon Campground just south of Dillon, Montana. I actually arrived yesterday and spent last night in Armstead Campground as it has full hookups which I wanted so I could run AC. The campground is built on a downhill and sidehill slope with very few level sites. Those were taken by earlier arrivals and by unattended trailers being used for storage. Not a place I would recommend! This morning I walked to Clark Canyon and decided that despite no hookups I preferred it so I went back, packed up and moved across the highway. Lots of trees, great view and level rocked sites!


The campground is built on the shore of a reservoir built on the Beaverhead River. Apparently it is world renown for its fishing. 


Clark Canyon is named after William Clark of the Lewis and Clark expedition. There is a bronze plaque dedicated to Sacagawea for the assistance that she gave to the expedition. If I ever pass thru here again I will definitely stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...