Monday, July 17, 2023

Massacre Rocks State Park, American Falls, Idaho

 I am on the move again. I left Elgin on Saturday morning and spent the night back at Farewell Bend SP. I was surprised at how few campers compared to my visit 1 month ago. The ranger told me when it gets hot the crowds stay away. I understood when it reach 101 that afternoon, about 4  PM, and did not go below 100 until after 8 PM. One of the main reasons I stay in campgrounds with electric is so can have AC! My solar system is not powerful enough to run it and I am too lazy to connect and start my generators which would handle it. Sunday I drove about 300 miles in 6 hours to Massacre Rocks. I am trying to get out of the heat wave hitting the Northwest but again the temp reach 101. Temp should be about 10 degrees cooler today. This campground is along the snake river and is populated with Juniper trees.

You cannot see the river from my site but I know which sites to choose if I ever stay here again. The river views are beautiful.



I made a couple bird walks but kept them short due to the heat! I did get to see a new, to me, flower species, a Giant Blazingstar!


Tomorrow I go to Armstead campground in Dillon Montana where high temps will be in mid 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...