Friday, June 16, 2023

Hu-Na-Ha RV Park, Elgin OR

I am spending a month at the Hu-Na-Ha RV park here in Elgin. 



The rates are very low as it is only $502 for a month with full hook-ups. It is $16+ a night for shorter stays. The park is located at the south edge of town. The Grande Ronde River flows along 2 sides of the park.


There is a RV area


and a tent area.


The sites are gravel and level with a mix of pull thru and back-in. There are showers and a laundry room. The washer and dryer are both $1 each. There are a few long term campers but most are short stay. Most of the guests are older like me and seem to be very friendly and quiet! There are lots of birding hotspots in the area and I plan to visit them all as some are reported to have bird species I have never identified! I have purchased tickets to ride the Eagle Cap train which runs along the Grande Ronde river where there are no roads for cars. I might also ride the Wallowa Lake tram which carries you to the top of Mt Howard. Looking forward to not traveling for the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...