Saturday, June 10, 2023

Catfish Central

Since arriving, I have  learned that Farewell Bend is a well known place to catfish. I have been to the fish cleaning station several times and there are always people cleaning dozens of catfish. The pictures below show a fisherman in the river headed to the cleaning station. 


You can see the catch being towed behind the boat!


They also catch catfish bass and crappie. Not only are there lots of birds here but also wildflowers like this Showy Milkweed.

And butterflies like  this Cabbage White Butterfly.


One of the things I like about traveling is seeing new places and learning about the flora and fauna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...