Thursday, June 29, 2023

Train Ride

Yesterday, I took a ride on the Eagle Cap Excursion Train.




Several times a month the train takes runs east from Elgin. Each trip has a different theme,  I took the Bavarian Excursion. The train partners with the city of Joseph which is having a Bavarian Festival at this time. The ride includes a meal which was Bavarian themed. It included, wiener schnitzel, scalloped potatoes and apple strudel! The trip went about 20 miles into the canyon and back. On the way out, I had a window seat with great views of farm lands and the Grande Rhonde river.




I saw a number of eagles and a few osprey. On the trip back I was on the opposite side looking and the hillside which was not as interesting so I took a short nap! I did see 3 healthy looking Mule deer bucks in velvet as we neared the station. Overall I enjoyed the trip but probably would not go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...