Friday, June 9, 2023

Farewell Bend State Park

 I left Chickahominy Reservoir yesterday morning and am now at Farewell Bend State Park where I will be for a week.


This is an oasis on the banks of the Snake River. You are looking at Idaho on the other side of the river. 


All around the park it looks like what you see on the Idaho side of the river but here in the park it looks like this.


It has been unusually wet this year which means there is a lot of green vegetation but also a LOT of mosquitoes! I try to avoid putting many chemicals on my skin but may break down and have to spray on some repellent! As of this moment it has been raining for about 12 hours! I thought once I got away form the Oregon coast it would be dry but in the month since I left it has rained about 1/2 the time! I will admit the thunder and lightning do put on a impressive show! At least it is warm rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...