Thursday, June 1, 2023

Chickahominy Reservoir

 I have visited this location once in June of 2019. Not much has changed in 4 years.


Upon arriving most of the view is flat land covered with sagebrush but if you take a closer look you will see birds like this beautiful Mountain Bluebird


Animals like rabbit, chipmunks and marmots.

If you look between the sagebrush clusters, thanks to the recent rainfall, you will find wildflowers like larkspur


Longleaf Phlox


Bitterroot


I did not know the species of flowers but I used the Seek app to identify them. Hopefully it was correct as I did once find out an identified species was incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...