Friday, May 26, 2023

Wood River Wetlands

It has been several years since I visited this location and once again I was almost overwhelmed with all the bird sounds and activities. 



Lots of birds and other wildlife like this European Comma butterfly or at least that is the name my Seek app gave it!


These raccoons which were swimming on the lake. I believe they may have been looking for waterfowl nests and a snack!

There were lots of marmots and even a long-tailed weasel. I was too slow to get a pic of the weasel but I hope to someday! Of course there were many birds like this Bald Eagle.


and this Black-crowned Night Heron.


In total I identified 57 bird species. Click here to see a complete list of todays birds and more pics.

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...