Friday, May 12, 2023

Denman Wildlife Area

Today I took the advice of my friends Jim and Jeanette Scott and visited the Denman Wildlife Area! 


The birding was excellent! 55 species in 3.5 hours! (Sorry Jim, when I started working on the photos I realized I had not included the Spotted Towhee.) Some of the more interesting finds was a Yellow-breasted Chat. I  have only seen 1 before today!


A first for a photo is the Ring-necked Pheasant. Until today I have heard but never photographed!


Obviously there are many more birds that I did not photograph but you can see more pics and a complete list of todays birds here. I think tomorrow I will check out the Hoover Ponds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...