Thursday, May 11, 2023

Oak Titmouse - Life bird 432 or is it 435?

Early success on my southern Oregon birding trip. The Oak Titmouse was my target bird for this area and I spotted two at the  I-5 Manzanita rest stop before I even arrived at my destination!



I will still bird watch, just have to change my planned birding sites! The reason for the confusion on Life Birds is that the 2 apps I use to track my birding give 2 different totals. eBird does not count what it considers exotic/escaped where Merlin does. For example I spotted a Budgerigar in Texas. It is an escaped parakeet not native to that area so it is not counted. I will use the ebird as my official count so I am at 432!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your Oak Titmouse. We will be traveling with you vicariously!

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...