Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Central Oregon Wildflowers

 I am currently outside Sisters, Oregon at Indian Ford Campground. While taking my bird walk today, I could not help but notice all the wildflowers in bloom! Hopefully I have identified them correctly! First is Indian Paintbrush. 



Now Columbine.



This is Wild Rose or Wood Rose


Next is Scarlet Trumpet. This seems to be a favorite of the Calliope Hummingbird as I have often seen them at this flower!


I did make a bird list and get a few pics. My favorite today was pics of a Red-naped Sapsucker bringing food back to its nesting hole! You can see todays list and the pics at eBird list
 



3 comments:

  1. Amazing wildflowers, and enjoyed the Red-naped Sapsucker photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Trumpet resembles the Salvia I have on our balcony that the Hummingbirds love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! The comments keep repeating

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...