Saturday, June 19, 2021

A great morning at Sunriver and Life bird 431!

The mornings bird walk was very exciting! I was told about Great Gray Owl sightings here so I have been on the lookout. I took my camera along and sure enough while standing on the river bank, the owl flew out of the brush and landed an a small pine tree in the open. I snapped a half dozen photos before it flew back into the trees!





This was my Life Bird #431! My morning was starting out great. Next I spotted a Western Wood-Pewee and as I attempted to take some pics, it flew into a tree and landed on a nest!


That was also a first as I have seen this species many times but never nesting! I moved on and spotted several Mule deer standing under a tree. I looked at them thru my binoculars and saw that at least one was in velvet!

I shortly ended my walk after that and hurried back to update my blog and post pics on eBird. I am not sure if the owl or the pics will show up on ebird as it is considered a "sensitive" species and they hide the pictures and location to other viewers. My ebird list for today and be found by clicking on this link: Sunriver bird list 

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...