Wednesday, January 6, 2021

What a great day!

I birded at Estero Llano again today and had an awesome time. Not only did I get lots of pics of birds but also one of my first ever "in the wild" alligator!

Based on the size of the Night herons above it I estimate this one to be about 7 feet long! Not only did I get pics of this but I have been trying for years to get one of a bobcat and low and behold one crossed the trail not far from me!


It was quite a ways off so the pic is slightly blurred but it still makes me happy! In between these two sightings, I also identified Life bird #411 a Roseate Spoonbill!


I was glassing some vultures when it flew past my field of vision. It was too far for a picture but then it circled and swung back within camera range! I got a lot of good bird pics today so if you are interested in seeing those pics and today's bird list, click here: January 6 2021 This turned out to be a great birthday!


2 comments:

  1. Lots of miles, great photos, amazing lists - what a BIRTHDAY 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first alligator photo I've seen by someone I know.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...