Friday, January 8, 2021

Santa Ana NWR

 Today's birding was done at the Santa Ana NWR. I took a list of 12 species that had been sighted there in the last 30 days that would have been life birds but I did not see any of them! I did get to see another bobcat and this time I got a great picture!

It ran out from under a boardwalk I stepped on! What a beautiful animal! I did get some bird pics that were pretty good like this Black-necked Stilt.


And this Ringed Kingfisher.

It is about 25% larger than the Belted Kingfisher found in Oregon and twice the size of the Green Kingfisher I put on the Estero Llano post a couple days ago. I signed up for a birding walk at the South Padre Island birding center on the gulf. That will be next Thursday about 50 miles south of here. I am looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...