Tuesday, December 8, 2020

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 Around 10 last night I was abruptly woken by a *hard knocking on my door and a loud voice saying "Sherriff's department". I sleepingly replied "yeah?". "Do you own a little silver car or do you know who does?" the voice asked. "No" I replied. "There is one in the lake and we are looking for the owner." He walked away and I looked out the window and in his truck headlights I could see a car in the water up to the windows. 

The following photos were taken this morning.

I could hear what was happening thru an open window.  About 15 minutes later a man walked up claiming it was his car. The sherriff asked if he was okay then grilled him for a while. The car owner claimed he was not drunk or on drugs.  I heard the sherriff saying he called for a tow truck and was going to search the car once it was out of the water. Obviously that did not happen! I went back to sleep so I do not know what became of the owner! I have seen some interesting situations while snowbirding but this was a first!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...