Monday, December 28, 2020

Falcon Lake State Park, Roma-Texas

I arrived here at the lake on Sunday after spending nights in Ft. Stockton and Del Rio where nightly temps were in the low 40's. Much nicer than the 20's of the 2 previous nights. Temps today and next next couple are 50's to 80's. Then things change and it will be 40's to 70's. Despite Covid, the electric hook up parts of the campground are full so I had to take a non hook up site! 

It is only $55 for the week and there are restroom with showers nearby. The lake is low, much lower than it was when I was here 3 years ago!

That channel is for launching boats but it is closed due to the low water level. The right side of the picture is Mexico as the lake is part of the Rio Grande River. Signs warn boaters not to exit the lake on the Mexico side! This morning I went birding at the preserve where I volunteered before. The same hosts were there and I was offered my old job! I may have taken it but my new trailer is too large for me to maneuver into the small host spot so I had to pass. I was excited to see a number of bird species native to Texas! I have also seen Javelinas! Not birds but I also enjoy a wide variety of animal and insects! I am looking forward to seeing new birds over the next few months!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...