Thursday, December 24, 2020

Baby, it's cold outside!

Last night and tonight the temps have and will be in the low 20's! No way around it if you want to go to Texas this time of year so I am staying in campgrounds with power. I can run my furnace and plug in the diesel pickup without worrying about a dead battery in the morning! Last night I stayed at a campground in Bowie, AZ. Just $20 plus tax for full hook ups! 

Nothing fancy, just a large gravel lot. I was serenaded by a Curve-billed Thrasher while there! Not may birds otherwise. Tonight I am at the Las Cruces KOA. Full hookups on a drive thru site cost about $50 but again, it is worth it to have electricity on a cold night. 

Tomorrow I cross into Texas where the night temps will climb above freezing. The temps will keep climbing each day as I head south! I am looking forward to that!

1 comment:

  1. I believe we stopped in this campground once. Kind of scary. The guy at the desk had a six-shooter strapped to his side. After parking we locked our door and never got out. Left first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...