Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Back on the road!

 Yesterday the suspension repair was completed on my truck so this morning I hit the road! I decided to try some new camping sites along the way so I am spending tonight at the Jim Kortsen Park.


It's about 90 miles west of Tucson and just 1 mile off of the interstate. It is surprisingly quiet even though I can see the freeway! It has no water or dump station but does half a dozen porta-pottys  scattered thru the park. The sites are spaced far apart and it only costs $10 per night. The vegetation is creosote bushes, mesquite and cacti!

I do enjoy the massive Saguaro cacti. 

For some reason they fascinate me. Tomorrow I hit the road early. I might stay at the Pima county fairgrounds but it will depend on how I feel at the time! 

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...