Monday, November 9, 2020

Rotary Park in Lake Havasu Nevada

Yesterday morning, during a lull in the winds that have been blowing over the last couple days, I made a quick dash to Craggy Wash. It is an undeveloped BLM free camping area, just north of Lake Havasu City. This morning I went birding at Rotary Park. It is a beautiful park, located on the shores of Lake Havasu. It is one of the ebird hotspots in this area. The park has many types of trees some of which are Date Palm. This is the first year I have noticed huge clusters of dates hanging from them.


I spent several hours walking around and was able to identify 40 different bird species. Among those were 3 different species of doves. The first is Mourning Dove and the next is Eurasian Collared-dove both of which are also found in Oregon.



This next dove is the Inca Dove and they are not found in Oregon. They are the smallest of the three species. 

To see a complete list of todays birds and more photos, click here: Rotary Park birding. There are two species that I am not sure about and they are the Purple Finch and Indigo Bunting. I entered all my pics of these species into a bird ID app and that is what it determined these to be. If they are incorrect, the ebird site reviewers will let me know. It wont be the first or the last time they have contacted me about my submissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...