Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Life bird #406

 This morning I drove to my favorite birding location in this area and had a great day! I spotted several rare birds for this area including a Magnolia Warbler which is a life bird for me!

I first saw it from a rear view and thought it was a Yellow-rumped Warbler but once it turned and I saw the yellow chest and I knew it was not. I did not know what it was till I got back to my campsite and put the pictures on my computer where I could get a better look! This is the first ebird sighting of this species at this location. Not only did I get this rare bird but also a Black-throated Gray Warbler.

Although it is not a life bird for me it is still a great find. I also spotted a Yellow Warbler, another rare bird for this location, at this time of year.

As I am not a well known birder in this area, the Magnolia Warbler will show on my own list but not on the ebird hotspot list till it can be validated by moderator of this location. For a complete list of todays birds and more pics, click here: Henderson birding.

1 comment:

  1. WOW 406 life birds and a list with 50 species! You are at a birding PARADISE :-)

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...