Wednesday, November 18, 2020

River Island State Park

 

Today I headed south from Lake Havasu about an hour and am now at River Island SP. It is a beautiful campground on the banks of the Colorado river. It costs $30 per night and each site has water and electric hookups. There are flush toilets and showers! The campground is enclosed by high rock cliffs with a hiking trail on the north side leading to the top of the cliff for some great views. The top picture was taken looking south down the river and the lower picture looks east toward mountains and desert.


On a quick bird walk I identified 26 species! I have internet connectivity using my booster butI have not been able to upload my bird lists for the last couple days so I can't make a link to them from the blog. I will have to keep looking into the issue. I will be heading to Quartzsite tomorrow.

2 comments:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...