Saturday, October 31, 2020

Clark County Wetlands

I visited  another birding hotspot today, the Clark County Wetlands. It is a water reclamation area that doubles a a birding paradise. I was able to get several good pictures today. This first one is of a couple of Northern Flickers.

These birds are found in Oregon as well but I was excited to capture an "in flight" shot! This next bird is not one found in Oregon. It is a Phainopepla.

It reminds me of a black stellar jay! This next one can be found in parts of Oregon but usually east of the Cascades. It is a Loggerhead Shrike.

West of the Cascades, the Northern Shrike is the most common species of shrike seen. I would need a picture of both to tell them apart as the differences are very subtle. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m getting lots of clarity when I enlarge these Photos for a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed this morning that you did 13 posts in Oct, I did 11. We both put up more than the previous two months.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...