Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Walker Lake, Nevada

 After 8 days at Lahontan Reservoir, I am on the road again today. This leg of the journey is a short drive after my 8 hours drive from Chiloquin to Lahontan. The steep hills and rough road of that drive was too stressful so I am determined to break my travels into much smaller portions! 



Seeing how low the water level was at Lahontan, I was concerned about the amount of water that I would find here. Fortunately the lake looks very full. This is a free BLM campground with pit toilets but no potable water that I can find. I am only going to be here one night then on to my next stop, Saulsbury Wash, which is just a couple hours from  here. My 3 day goal is Pahranagat NWR. I stopped there a couple year ago and had some great bird watching which included several life birds!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with shorter driving time. Less stress is the key to happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us posted about your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...