Thursday, October 29, 2020

Closing the gap between my camera's abilities and my skills!

 I went back to the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve this morning and am much happier with the pictures I took! I caught some good detail on several species, like the ruby crown on this Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

He was flashing his colors while trying to impress a female. She ignored him but it gave me some good opportunities for photos! Next is this Greater Roadrunner.


I was lucky to catch the colors on its head as the sun hit them! Another favorite from today was catching a good photo of this Northern Harrier as she flew over!


The females are this orange and brown color while the makes are grey and white. To see more pictures and a complete list of today's birds, click here: Henderson Bird List.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great photos. Yes, I believe you are mastering that camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I was unable to catch up with you before you left. Life just seems to keep happening.

    Anyway, I am looking forward to following your adventures again this year. Also, I love seeing you great photos. The new camera looks like it is serving you well. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...