Saturday, October 24, 2020

Adapting to a new "normal"

 This trip has been a bit stressful with the changes I made over the summer. I went from a 1/2 ton gas engine Chevrolet to a 1 ton dually Ford with a diesel engine. I also went from a 20 foot 5th wheel to a 27 foot pull trailer. I drove the set up around home for a month but that did not prepare me for this longer trip. The truck has ran great but it sounds different (louder) and rides different (rougher). Neither of these are bad things, I am just not used to them. The truck pulls the trailer just fine but again a different type of challenge is to see behind and park. Definitely some places that I have stopped and some roads I have traveled that I will by pass on future trips! I am more comfortable with the truck as I adjust to this new normal. Another adjustment is my camera. Even though I miss the zoom capabilities of my old camera, this new camera can take some great pictures. I am very please with these that were taken today!

Above is a Hermit Thrush and below is a Varied Thrush.


Varied Thrushes are a common sight in the Willamette Valley but this is the first one documented in this county since December of 2018. I also could not pass up this cute Cotton tailed rabbit.


I will be heading a bit further south in the morning as the temps will be hitting mid 20's on Monday night! One of the perks of this lifestyle. If you don't like the weather, move!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like your timing is just right staying ahead of the cold as you journey south.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...