Saturday, February 22, 2020

Repairs complete and am now at Senator Wash

Yesterday I resolved the tail light issue and installed new ones in part thanks to the help of Bud at Canyon Country RV and Auto Service. He ran a check on the 7 way plug and confirmed it was working properly. I asked about an appointment to look at my wiring but he said they are booked out over 2 weeks. He then gave me a quick run down of how the lights connect and work. Armed with this new info and a power tester, I was able to track down and repair a broken wire which resolved my issue! I installed the new tail lights and with everything working I hit the road. I spent last night in the Hi Jolly BLM camping area just north of Quartzsite. This morning I drove on down to Senator Wash were I plan to spend a few days.


Every camping place I pass by here in Arizona, has lots of RV's! This is the most crowded I have seen it over the last 3 years! That is not to say there is no place to camp as there are 1000's of acres of desert avaialble for boon docking. Lots of sunshine which allow the solar panels to keep my batteries charged nicely. In Oregon I was running my generator about 3 hours on most days due to the lack of sunshine! I am glad to be back here! Warm, dry and no mold or mildew on the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...