Saturday, February 29, 2020

Birding at Rotary Park

I spent a couple hours this morning birding at Rotary Park in Lake Havasu. The park is a great place to bird and week days it is usually pretty quiet. On the weekend it can get crowded and loud as I was reminded this today! There were several events taking place but that it so be expected for weekends! I was still able to observe 19 species of birds and get some good pictures. One of the favorite birds in this area is the Vermillion Flycatcher.


As you can see, it has some outstanding color! Another favorites is the Inca Dove! The picture below has 2 Inca Doves and 1 Mourning Dove. Inca Doves are normally found much closer to Mexico but a number of them have taken up residence in the park. They have been here for several years!


The most common bird in the area is the Great-tailed Grackle. It is about the size of a crow and might be more vocal!


For those of you who prefer furry animals, this picture is of 2 Cottontail rabbits chasing each other. I missed a shot of them playing leap frog!


To see more bird pictures and a complete list of today's species, click here: Rotary Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...