Saturday, October 26, 2019

Madera Canyon - Green Valley AZ

We stopped in Tucson and stocked up on supplies then headed to Madera Canyon about 30 miles south. We had hoped to stay in Bog Springs campground but it was full so we are dispersed camping instead on Proctor Road just a mile down the road.


WARNING! Proctor road is rough and narrow. We took the first spot available along the way!  When I opened the 5th wheel door I found, that after putting away groceries in Tucson, I forgot to lock the fridge door. We had to clean up a gallon of milk and a quart of salsa from the floor! Fortunately no other contains broke or things would have been a lot worse! I did take a short walk but only saw 4 bird species. I did get to see white-tailed deer and Javelina.



As you can see the Javelina blend in very well. The animals here did not spook and run as they are used to people which makes picture taking easy! I checked the ebird lists for Madera Canyon and 6 species of birds I have never identified have been seen here in the last 30 days to I am hopeful to add to my life bird list tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...