Sunday, October 27, 2019

Santa Rita Lodge - Madera Canyon

The Santa Rita Lodge here in the Madera Canyon has a wildlife viewing area with hummingbird and bird seed feeders. It is an awesome spot to sit and watch birds and other wildlife like this Coatimundi.


This was my first ever sighting of this animal! I also saw 6 life birds. This is a Broad-billed hummingbird.


This picture shows a Rivoli's Hummingbird feeding next to a smaller Anna's Hummingbird. It is a very noticeable size difference!



Two other firsts were an Arizona Woodpecker


and a Yellow-eyed Junco.


I now have 399 life birds. There are still several bird species in this area I have never seen so maybe I will leave here with 400!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...