Friday, June 28, 2019

Wednesday and Thursday campgrounds

There was no cell service in either of my last 2 stops so am catching up today! I spent Wednesday at Bates SP just east of Prairie City OR. A beautiful and well landscaped state park. It was very well cleaned pit toilets and potable water. Fees are $11 per night for a nice flat gravel parking spot and green lawn!


Lot's of hiking trails that are easy to walk. Some wander thru the wooded areas and some by the streams and a large pond upstream from campground.



Of course lots of birds! I identified 36 species in the 24 hours I spent there. I watched a number of birds, like bluebirds and warblers, feeding their young. If you would like to see pics and the complete birding list, click here: Bates SP bird list This is definitely a place I recommend!

Yesterday I stayed at the Ukiah-Dale SP north of John Day. It iwas $10 per night. Not near as well maintained at Bates SP but still a good 1 night lay over. I identified 23 birds while staying there. To see bird pics and a complete list, click here: Ukiah-Dale SP bird list


No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...