Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Union Creek Campground

I am now at Union Creek campground on the shores of Phillips Lake, near Sumpter, OR. A federal campground so my senior pass is valid! $20/$10 for no hookups or $34/$17 with partial. It has potable water, flush toilets and a waste water dump. It is a lovely treed campground.



There are lots of wildflowers blooming at this time. I don't know the names but here are a few!



And of course, lots of birds including both Mountain Bluebird and Western Bluebird!



The Mountain has the gray chest and the Western has the orange. There are only four other ebird lists for this location this year. The 28 species I have identified so far today puts me in 7th place for this hot spot! For more pics and a complete list of today's birds, click here: Union Creek Campground bird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...