Friday, June 28, 2019

One of the challenges of a no plan trip is full campgrounds!

I left the Ukiah area headed for Cottonwood Canyon SP near Wasco this morning but upon arriving the camp sign read FULL! There was over flow camping available in a paved parking lot but it was the same price as a campsite so I kept driving and ended up at Indian Ford campground near Sisters! A couple bits of good news is I managed to submit an ebird list in all the Oregon counties east of the Cascades that I was missing. Now I have just 9 counties left in the entire state, 7 in the northwest and 2 in the southwest. The gray areas are the missing counties!


The other good news is I identified a Black-backed Woodpecker here at Indian Ford, my first in this area.


Not much else for today. I will have to wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...