Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Spring Recreation area campground

I spent last night on the banks of the Snake River in the Spring Recreation area. The campground is just 3 miles from Huntington, OR.


It has potable water, pit toilets and gravel parking areas for camping. The host were friendly and helpful and do a great job of keeping the camp area in tip top shape!


The cost is just $5 per night or just $2.50 with my senior discount. It has great views of the river!


Lots of wildlife in the area with a doe and 2 fawns wandering thru the campsites.


Fisherman were coming and going from the boat launch. Catfish is the main target species here. I spoke with some fisherman that came in with about 20 catfish weighing in the 3 to 10 lb range. They made the catfish I catch in the coastal lakes look like minnows! I tried bank fishing but no luck! I identified 22 bird species in the area. Lots of colorful birds like these Bullocks Orioles.



To see more pics and a complete list of yesterday's birds, click here: Spring Rec bird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...