Sunday, June 23, 2019

Antelope Reservoir

I am now camping at Antelope Reservoir, just a few miles west of Jordan Valley, OR. Antelope Reservoir Campground is a free BLM campground! It is only a mile off of the highway down a narrow dirt road. It has fire pits and a pit toilet. One thing I am especially grateful for is NO mosquitoes except for a few that escaped from the cab of my truck on arrival here! No worries though as the wind should have carried them south all the way to Nevada by now!


 
 For years I have wanted to travel this area and I have not been disappointed. So far this trip I have added 3 life birds to my life list and 2 more counties to my Oregon birding list! The life bird today was a Swainson's Hawk. I captured this pic as it flew below me while I was standing on a cliff over looking some farm land.


Hopefully my next stop is Leslie Gulch. Another place I have wanted to visit since seeing it highlighted on the Oregon Field Guide television show several years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...