Saturday, June 22, 2019

Page Springs Campground

I am now at Page Springs Campground near Frenchglen, OR! It is a beautiful campground on the Donner and Blitzen River.



Well maintained lawns and restrooms. Potable water is available at a number of spigots. Another BLM campground so just $8 per night or $4 with my senior discount. Lots of birds here! The main purpose of my visit here was I was hoping to see a Yellow-breasted Chat and a Bobolink. Two birds I needed for my Life list. I spotted both species on my drive thru the campground looking for a site! I only got a pic of the Chat which is below!


I also saw a colorful Bullock's Oriole.


The down side of this area is the mosquitos! They wont disappear until the heat hits and I don't want to be here then! I planned on staying a couple days but ay just make it one!  Besides, I found my target birds already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...