Saturday, April 13, 2019

Trout Creek Campground, Madras - OR

I went north this morning to Trout Creek Campground, just a bit north of Madras. It is a BLM campground deep in the Deschutes river canyon.


Surprisingly I do have some connectivity in the bottom of this canyon. Here are views from my camp site!



My dining area in the 5th wheel is a wrap around at the back of the trailer. I am backed up to the river with wonderful views of the rim rock lined canyons that frame the river. 



This campground has pit toilets but no potable water. The cost is just $12 per weekend night and $8 per weekday night and my federal senior pass is accepted for a 50% discount. The last 2 miles of the road in are slightly washboard gravel. Just before the pavement ends, you go down a steep incline that passes through a one line tunnel under some railroad tracks. The tunnel has 14 ft of clearance to no issues for my little rig! There are several dozen individual campsites and a couple of group campsites. It looks like a scout troop is camping here this weekend. I am a good distance away from them so no noise issues! I did bird today. Not a lot of species here so far but you can beat the scenic views!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...