Friday, April 12, 2019

Day 3 at Haystack Reservoir

The plan for my bird walk this morning was to walk the circumference of the lake but US Government No Trespassing signs at the dam put a stop to that! Near the dam I snapped a great pic of Mt Jefferson!


I backtracked from there and hiked past my campsite to the next campground where I spotted this Osprey nest. I like that the nest was built with some added color!


My total walk covered about 3.5 miles and I documented 29 species, my largest list here so far! A couple of new species today was a Horned Lark


and a Western Meadowlark who was singing it heart out atop a Juniper tree!


For more pics and a complete lists of today's birds, click here: Haystack Reservoir bird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...