Thursday, March 28, 2019

Tillicum Beach Campground

I left Polk County Fairgrounds this morning and am now at Tillicum Beach Campground just a few miles north of Yachats, OR. My timing was great as when I arrived there were only half a dozen sites available and now most of those are gone! I was lucky to get a large site with an ocean view. The first pic is the site. The second pics is out the back window and the third is from the fence. Beyond the fence is a 20 foot drop to the beach!




The light makes it difficult to see the ocean view but sitting hear the view of the ocean is like the third pic! The down side is not much sunlight reaches the solar panels because to the trees but I can always fire up the generator. Campsites are $13 per night with my Senior pass for no hookups and $20 for sties with electric. No waste water dump available here as is most of the federal parks in the Siuslaw National Forest! I did get in a bird walk where I picked up my first Red Cross-bills of the season. I also spotted several whales surfacing and spouting! I think this will be coming back to this location in the future but I may need to make a reservation to be sure to get a site!

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...