Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Birding with friends

The last couple days I have had a greatly rewarding time birding with my friends, Jim and Jeanette Scott. They live locally and have been taking me to some of their favorite hot spots. We have seen a good variety of bird species and even got a few good pics. The first is a Red-breasted Sapsucker. The second is a Rufous Hummingbird.



The next pics are of birds taken in Nesmith Park which is next to Polk County Fairgrounds where I am staying. The first is of course a Great-horned Owl. The second is a White-breasted Nuthatch and the last is a Song Sparrow singing!




Tomorrow I go with Jim to volunteer at a park operated by the Salem Audubon Society! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...