Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Haystack Reservoir

I left the Willamette Valley this morning and headed east in search of some sunshine! It was like trying to get to the end of the rainbow! The further east I went, the further east the blue sky appeared to be! I finally gave up and settled in to this campground at Haystack Reservoir. The campground is east of Hwy 97 between Redmond and Madras. A beautiful clean campground thanks to the hard working and friendly hosts. There are several campgrounds around the reservoir. I settled for the first one I came to which is the South campground. All sites back up to the lake so you  have awesome views!



The sun is not shining but it is dry and not raining! The lake has been stocked with trout and I watched as this loon,


dove and came up with a small pan fish! The campground has 2 pit toilets that are clean and well stocked. There is potable water available near the camp host. The campsite cost is $15 per night. It is a Forest Service campground but came under the responsibility of Crook county this year so no more senior discount! It still is a great deal and a beautiful location!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...