Sunday, March 24, 2019

Polk County Fairgrounds, Rickreall - OR

I will be spending a few days here in Rickreall. The Polk County fairgrounds offers $25 a night RV camping with water and electric. They also have a waste water dump included in the price. Non campers pay $10 to dump. It is just a large  gravel parking lot surrounded by woodlands and farm fields. I have a great view of Mt Jefferson!


Mt Jefferson is right behind that large metal building! There is only 1 other camper here at this time. They are having some maintenance issues so only a few sites available. I was able to meet up with, Jim and Jeanette, my birding friends and we birded in the park on the north side of the fairgrounds. We will be visiting a number of close by birding sites over the next few days. A quite campground and birding with friends is my idea of a great week!

1 comment:

  1. We are enjoying having you here in Polk County and birding with you in some of our favorite birding Hotspots.

    ReplyDelete

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...