Sunday, December 16, 2018

Yesterdays Arivaca Birding


The Buenos Aires NWR has scattered parcels of land near Arivaca. The 2 main sites have developed trails that wander thru woods and by various bodies of water. Below are sign and maps for one of the sites.



Unfortunately at this time of year they contain very little water. I did get severel good hikes in and saw quite a few species of birds. I was able to add another species to my Life list. The Lawrence's Goldfinch. On my birding stops, I have been a couple weeks behind their last sighting so I was very happy to come across them here! Technically I had credit for hearing this species when I went of a birding hike with some advanced birders last year but this is my first sighting on my own.To see lists from yesterdays outings, click here: Buenos Aires birding list-1  and Buenos Aires birding list-2

1 comment:

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...