Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Arivaca Lake

I checked out birding at Arivaca Lake yesterday. It is just 12 miles from Arivaca. I am not sure whether the 10 miles of winding paved pothole filled road was the worst of the 2 miles of rock and dirt! 


There are several primitive campsites so no amenities other than a well maintained pit toilet. The lake covers 80 acres and there were several fishing boats on the lake. There is limited access around the lake but it might be a good lake to kayak and bird. I saw lots of birds on the way in and out! I have been concerned about being so remote and close to the border but everywhere I go there are always Border Patrol agents. I chatted with a couple of them yesterday. They were very friendly and respectful young men! 

It has been raining most nights since I arrived here. Not enough to make it muddy but enough to keep down the dust. It does make for some beautiful sunsets!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...