Sunday, December 16, 2018

Buenos Aires NWR, Sasabe-AZ


I left the Phoenix area and headed southeast to the Buenos Aires NWR. It is wide valley covered with grasslands and mequite. They have plently of marked camping spots throughout the refuge. I chose one on a plateu with great views to the east and west.




Camping is free but there are no waste water dumps or potable water available on the refuge. There are quite a few other campers because bow hunting for deer is open! I am only about 10 miles north of the Mexican border which means a lot of Border Patrol agents in four wheel drives and on horseback! They are busy all day and all night as I can see vehicle lights criss-crossing the valley 24X7. I have no internet access here but can send text. That means my blogs will be delayed in posting until I make trips into a nearby small town named Arivaca, where I have good internet connectivity. It has a mercantile where you can purchase reasonably priced fuel, propane and groceries. There are several birding hotspots at the edge of town that I look forward to visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...