Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Wrapping up at Buenos Aires

I left this morning from Buenos Aires NWR and am spending tonight at Picacho Peak SP. You may remember from last year that I stopped here for a night on the way to Texas.  Last night I ventured out for a night hike! I saw one jack-rabbit and lots of spiders! One spider was pretty large, about the size of a silver dollar.


I thought about placing my hand near him for size comparison but then decided against it! I will have to research to see what species it is! This morning before I left the refuge, I went birding at Arivaca. I finally got a good pic of the Rufous-winged Sparrow!


They feed in the grass and when they are flushed out they just fly to another patch of grass and disappear! Fortunately this on choose a quick stop in a bush that I could photo! The see a complete list of today's birds and more pics, including a Bewick's Wren and a Green-tailed Towhee, click here: Arivaca ebird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...