Monday, October 22, 2018

Pahranagat NWR - Alamo, NV

I have arrived at Pahranagat NWR after leaving Sisters, Oregon three days and 800 miles ago. Since the stops between here and Sisters were ones I have visited on several trips I did not take time to blog about them. I basically drove, ate and slept for those 3 days. Pahranagat NWR borders the Pahranagat River, It is about 90 miles northeast of Las Vegas.


It is a beautiful oasis in a desert expanse. Just a short distance from the river is sage brush and the occasional Joshua Tree!


I arrived with time to take a 2 hour birding hike and got back to camp in time to see this colorful sunset!


I identified 32 bird species on my walk. To see the complete list and some bird pics, click here: Pahranagat bird list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...