Sunday, October 28, 2018

Night Hiking at Pahranagat NWR

Dawn and Rich have introduced me to night hiking! They supplied me with a bright LED headlamp and out we went. We saw a Great Horned Owl, a Northern Saw-whet Owl and a Common Poorwill. Taking night pics is a challenge but I did get a great Poorwill one!


As you can see it really blends well with its surroundings! The poorwill and the saw-whet owl were life birds for me bringing the total of life birds seen at this location to 4 as during the day time I saw Pectoral Sandpipers and a Lapland Larkspur.

We also saw a skunk, kangaroo rats, an unknown small dark weasel like creature and lots of spiders! The spiders eyes shine like blue diamonds! Their eyes give away even the smallest ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salmon fishing with my son!

I am currently at Honeyman State Park camping with my eldest son. We have been salmon fishing on the Siltcoos lake. Friday thru Monday our c...